Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The sad tale.












I came to the very sad conclusion last weekend. When I began knitting the purple romper for Olivia I thought about what size she would be in the fall, the logical time I would want her to wear it. I was right on...9 months. And low and behold, that's the exact size she is now. But what I didn't take into consideration was the knitting time that would be lost to the lovely wedding quilt I was making. And then when I got back to my knitting I saw that I was already knitting the romper in the largest size the directions were written. But I thought, well I can knit fast and still get it finished. But last weekend while holding her I realized by the time I finish the romper she will only be able to wear it a few times, or maybe only once. What should I do....so I decided to disassemble the romper, and re-knit it into another cuddle blanket. She loves the blanket I knitted for her before she was born. Another blanket would be used all of the time. And the yarn did cost $40. So here are the pictures of the romper for me to remember....some of the hardest knitting I've ever done, (size 0 needles). Sad, sad, sad. And here is a picture of the quilt. I'm very pleased with it.





No comments:

Post a Comment