Wednesday, November 5, 2008

This is my pumpkin I


This is my pumpkin I carved for Election Day. I can’t describe my happiness right now. Yes we can! In the beginning I couldn’t quite put all my faith in him. But we’ve evolved together, him into a wonderful candidate and me into someone who cares. I just went and registered with Eckan to volunteer. I hope I will be able to make a connection. When I listened to his speech in Cleveland he brought tears to my eyes. Now having heard his acceptance speech and watching the reaction of people around the country, the tears keep coming. He really makes me want to be a better person. …I thought a lot about my mother yesterday. My mother was always an election judge. When I was really little I hated Election Day. It meant I wasn’t going to see my mom until after I was in bed and my dad was in charge of dinner. When I was in middle school I loved Election Day because my school was the polling place and my mom was there the whole day. She was so beautiful and always so nice to my friends that everyone loved her. I don’t know how she managed everything she did, raising four kids, work and volunteering. She was in the Junior Women’s League, church groups, she did pantomiming, plus worked full time during the school year. I can’t figure out how she was lucky enough to find a job, (not in the school district), that let her off in the summers. …


No comments:

Post a Comment