Wednesday, January 20, 2010

When there seems to be

Haiti Struggles For Aid And Survival After Earthquake


When there seems to be bad news everywhere I try to remind myself that unfortunately bad things aren’t an anomaly. Throughout history, tragedies occur and the world goes on. But the news from Haiti continues to be horrific. This morning’s second earthquake hit some twenty miles from Port au Prince. Last night I watched orphans land in Pittsburg and nurses from KU preparing to leave. I’ve never wished more that I possessed some skills and resources that would be helpful. Thank God for people who rush toward disasters to help.

And while it’s certainly not a tragedy, I want to acknowledge the end of an era with the election of Scott Brown in Massachusetts. Yes, the headlines are heavy.



No comments:

Post a Comment