Friday, March 18, 2011

Spring greening


 St. Patty's Day's weather in eastern Kansas was spectacular.  The thermometer read 78.  Needless to say, I couldn't resist finding myself in an overwhelming gardening mood the last couple of days.  I have started my seeds indoors and yesterday got out to the garden and planted peas, radishes, blackberries and lily of the valley.  And then I decided the house needed some spring treatment as well. 

The fairy garden in the vintage jewelry box received a new orange/mint plant and I dug up some gorgeous fresh moss out of the yard and then moved it into the kitchen .....
IMG_4710



The fairy garden in the antique drawer got a couple of new succulents and more of the same awesome moss......
IMG_4715

IMG_4716



 The kitchen got a new bay leaf tree, in honor of my dad......

IMG_4711
and a rosemary tree ....

IMG_4714



I brought in some forsythia branches to force last Saturday, they bloomed today....
IMG_4719



and a forced hyacinth in water....
IMG_4721



and the living room got an Australian Cherry bonsai.IMG_4718  I



I also found some seed pods while visiting my daughter.  They were perfect for my little tripple vase.



 IMG_4723


And finally, my latest chocolate addiction.  If you love sweet and salty, melt the finest dark chocolate you have, sprinkle on a few grains of sea salt, smooth over the top, let them harden and then devour them.  Or maybe you can control yourself better than I and just nibble on them!  I can't stop making them!
IMG_4724
Happy Friday!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment