Sunday, August 4, 2013

Idol worship


I can’t quite describe the feeling.  The word that comes closest is thrilling; and yet it still doesn’t quite do it.  How do I describe the feeling of standing in front of a piece of work from one of my favorite artists?  I first experienced this as a young adult when I saw Van Gogh’s self portrait in Chicago.  I had been in love with him since I was a child!
 
Well yesterday I was lucky enough to have the experience again when we went to see Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera’s exhibit at the Nelson.   



I can't describe it; leaning in to see the brush strokes, imagining the emotions she felt while she painted them.
I
 
I think maybe just a small issue added to the many others in their marriage might have been a little bit of jealousy....
Frida
Diego
 
After seeing their work side by side, in my opinion, she was much better than him.
What an exciting day! 
 
 
And on a side note.....
 
I don't know why it hasn't occurred to me before to make a Frida doll.  My own version will be coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment