Saturday, January 14, 2017

Nine Sweaters, One Pattern

If you are friends with me on Facebook then you might already know that I make handmade gifts for Christmas; most often knitted ones.  Four years ago I made matching sweaters for the grandchildren.  There were only three grandchildren at the time; now we have 8!

This year I decided it might be time to knit sweaters again. I chose a cardigan pattern, Antler by Tin Can Knits.  I can't tell you what a delight it was to knit this pattern!  I loved it so much I knitted one for myself and now I'm considering converting the pattern from a cardigan to a pullover.  I started in late August.  I finished the 8 grandchildren sweaters a few days before Christmas Eve.


For cost conservation I chose to knit them in Caron Simply Soft yarn.  They have a wide range of colors and easy care instructions.




I finished mine last Sunday.




For as difficult as it is to ask 8 children to sit still for a photograph, on Christmas Eve no less, I thought the photo turned out amazingly well.



No comments:

Post a Comment