Thursday, April 12, 2018

Missing in action















Cloudy, cold, sleet, snow and rain have been the norm for April.  We've had two- maybe three days of spring weather, all during the work weeks.  The cold fronts and storms have been hitting on the weekends.  The last two Sundays we've had snow, (Easter included) and there's a chance for it again this Sunday!  Sadly, the buds on my magnolia took a hard hit and my lettuce has spent more time inside by the door than outside on the deck.  We're all looking forward to warmer weather and summertime, even the deer.

What the weather has provided is lots of time for books and projects.  Paul and I finished one audiobook and started another. I have a small pop-up book collection which includes The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, among others.  But neither of us had read the full book.  So we started listening to it this week.  While we were listening I was staring out the window at the tree line and saw a little splash of color fluttering against the very grey skies.  When I went to check it out I found a paratrooper in his chute hanging from a treetop.  I remembered we had lost one when the grandsons fired some off on July 4th.  Paul rescued him yesterday.

I've made a start on two dolls.  One for my daughter's birthday, and one from Sally Mavor's book.  I've long been a fan of her work.   I'm also currently knitting the second sleeve for a navy crew neck.  I think I will have enough yarn left over to knit a cable vest for one of my grandson's birthday in May.

While spring has mostly been missing in action, yesterday late afternoon the sun broke through, (although storms are forecast for tomorrow).  And though I doubt my tulips will make much of a show after the  brutality they've suffered, the Muscari field has soldiered on! 

(April's Yarn Along: "A Maze Me Poems for Girls" by Naomi Shihab Nye and "The Lost Art of Reading Nature's Signs" by Tristan Gooley.)

No comments:

Post a Comment