Tuesday, September 5, 2017

A Brief Encounter









On Sunday I was unloading groceries from the car when I heard, and felt, something running towards me.  When I turned around I saw this little one.  My first thought, where's mom?  He/she, practically ran right into me.

Obviously frightened, she kept trying to find places in the shade to rest.  Several times she would try to get close to me but at the last minute would startle and run.  After a while it was evident mom was no longer around.  I wanted to help.  My husband questioned whether it would be the right thing to do.  I didn't know about that but I did know the little thing wasn't going to survive long without someone looking after it.

Unfortunately she arrived only a short time before our Labor Day BBQ was to begin and our property filled with our children and grandchildren. 

Oh, how I wanted to keep her and help her!  My mom had a fawn when she was a girl, so did Audrey Hepburn.  I'm sure our rather overactive company probably drove her away.  I've been keeping my eye out for her ever since but I'm afraid she's probably gone for good.  I was really hoping for a storybook ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment